Saturday, May 8, 2010

Conference Pictures

Pictures from the 2010 Malice Domestic conference held last weekend in Washington, DC. I had a fantastic time, met many online friends in person, spoke with some wonderful mystery readers, attended and sat on panels, ran my mouth a lot more than I usually do…and came home exhausted, but happy!

image

Here I am hanging out with my Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen friends, Avery Aames and Krista Davis right before the Agatha banquet. Avery writes the Cheese Shop mysteries and Krista writes the Diva series for Berkley Prime Crime.

No, we didn’t plan on wearing the same color. :)

061

These are all Midnight Ink authors (left to right): Vicki Doudera, G.M. Malliet, C.S. Challinor, Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli, Lisa Bork, me..hidden:) , Beth Groundwater , Deborah Sharp, Alan Orloff, Sue Ann Jaffarian, and Kathleen Ernst.

This picture was taken right before our Saturday panel: Senior Sleuths vs Middle-Aged Meddlers and Crime-Cracking Kids: How Age Impacts the Story. Bottom Row--Sarah Masters Buckey, me Top Row--Maya Corrigan, JL Wilson, Nancy Glass West

imageSarah Masters Buckey with me, before our panel. Sarah writes the American Girl series. My daughter thought that was really cool.

025Alan Orloff, Sue Ann Jaffarian, Vicki Doudera, and me—on our way to grab a little lunch.

imageAuthors Cheryl Solimini and Elizabeth Zelvin and me

027

055

Cozy mystery writers Lorna Barrett, Krista Davis, Ellery Adams, Sheila Connolly, Leann Sweeney, Wendy Lyn Watson, Heather Webber, Mary Jane Maffini, Avery Aames, and I had buttons made up for a button game where readers hunted down all our buttons at the conference. Whoever got all the buttons first, won. Our winner, Shirley, with our button collection!

image

Berkley Prime Crime treated its authors to dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse on Friday evening. The staff at the restaurant really bent over backwards to make sure everything went well. :)

035

Natalee Rosenstein,Vice President and Senior Executive Editor with Penguin Group, with Berkley author Casey Daniels. It’s not often you can hang out with Penguin editors (much less a VP), so this evening was a treat.

063

The Malice banquet.

image

Kathleen Ernst and Alan Orloff speak during their panel, Culture Clash: Race and Ethnicity in Mysteries.

046

An aerial shot of the area where the authors signed books after panels.

057

Goofing off time. :) With Beth Groundwater, Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli, Deb Sharp, Alan Orloff, and Lisa Bork

To everyone that I met and hung out with last weekend—it was wonderful meeting you all!