Thursday, March 12, 2009

End Game

blog16 Things are really moving along with the production of my book, Pretty is as Pretty Dies. My publisher, Midnight Ink, will be releasing the book August 1st.

In the meantime, there's a lot going on behind the scenes. I've spoken with the publicity department at Midnight Ink and they laid out the marketing plan (already underway). The trade magazines/reviewers will be getting ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies) within the week.

I've made requested revisions and clarifications and submitted my bio.

And, yesterday, I emailed my editor my dedication page and acknowledgment page text. While writing my acknowledgment page, I came across some interesting articles on the subject (some recent, some not-so.) Moonrat gives acknowledgments her OK, but references an article by Jonathan Black from the "American Spectator" in which he disagrees with her. I also came across an old post on Black Table which humorously disses acknowledgments.

I've read some interesting blogs lately, and thought I'd round them up for you for your perusal:

The Mystery Reader's Bill of Rights on Mysterious Matters.

The Blood-Red Pencil on finding your writer's voice.

Post MFA on reaching back in time (waayy back) to remember your natural sense of story.